Sunday, February 7, 2010

Husband makes false statement on the divorce summons he served me.Do I commit a crime if I agree with it?

We both live in KY.We own a home in SC.He filled for divorce there,saying that we were separated for the required 1 year.The whole thing got messy when I contested that.Would I have gotten in trouble with the law if I had just gone along with it? (Now he is intending for our son to testify on his favor on this issue).Husband makes false statement on the divorce summons he served me.Do I commit a crime if I agree with it?
I have to agree, telling the truth can never be wrong. And if you lie it ALWAYS comes back to bite you in the butt.... always.





You need to be honest and tell them you were not separated. Although SC does not require legal separation, I imagine they would require some type of proof... i.e proof of a different address for you or your spouse, utility bills, etc. Something to prove you were separated. I seriously doubt that the court would just take people's word on it. If you tell the truth, saying you weren't separated, and he cannot provide proof that you were, it will just come back to him and make him look bad. Whether he has his son lie for him or not... no proof, the judge will not likely buy it.





I would let the judge know about his threat to get your son to lie for him....that won't look good on him in the divorce, nor look well on him as a father. How horrible.....





Husband makes false statement on the divorce summons he served me.Do I commit a crime if I agree with it?
I agree with everyone else too. He can put whatever he wants on a divorce petition. It has no bearing really on the final decree. Why would you agree with anything that's a lie anyway? Especially during a divorce. Divorces with children involved are ALWAYS messy. If your son lies too, then that's something he will have to deal with later. If he's young enough, it won't matter too terribly much what he says anyway. Judges have seen lying parents and children thousands of times before. Good lucky honey.
The truth will set you free.





So what if its trial by fire, in the end, the truth is better tan a lie, but if it wasn't relevant, then I can't see why it matters, do you want the divorce?





If you had gone along with it it might already be over...
Always be 100% honest in Court. You can always say that you didn't completely understand what the papers said
If you told the truth you shouldn't be getting into any trouble for it. If your son chooses to lie for him - well, that's another story...
Honey, it's hard to get in trouble if you stick to the truth. It has a way of coming out eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment