Friday, February 12, 2010

Why do some parents deliberately make a false statement to provoke their child to correct the statement....?

And then punish him/her for ';arguing'; ?Why do some parents deliberately make a false statement to provoke their child to correct the statement....?
i have never heard of a parent dillebertly making a false statement. Now i know my dad hated when we corrected him in fornt of people but we were never punished for it.Why do some parents deliberately make a false statement to provoke their child to correct the statement....?
Can I get an example?





Sometimes I make a false statement in order to get the correct statement. Like, ';I don't know who hit me at school.'; I might say, ';Well I will have to talk to Gabrielle's mom then.'; ';Well actually I just remembered it was Destiny.'; It's effective.
I'm not sure I understand. Can you give an example?





I don't believe I've ever done such a thing, and I can't think of any parents I know who would feel that this is a good idea. Maybe I'm just not understanding what you mean by your question?
never done that. sorry your parents are doing it. I hate a person who lies and i would never lie to provoke my kids. my mother always said never trust a lier or thief.
Power and selfishness. I guess stupidity too.

No comments:

Post a Comment