Thursday, February 4, 2010

What kind of trouble in texas can I be in if I tell the DA i gave a false statement?

a family in law who is a cop treathened to call cps on me if I did not file a police report against my boyfriend when i broke my wrist. My child is not and was not in any danger but I paniced and I did as he told me. If I tell the DA my statement was false will i get in trouble? I already sent then a notierized affidavit stating I was coered into giving and signing my statement.What kind of trouble in texas can I be in if I tell the DA i gave a false statement?
Not any more trouble than you would be after sending the statement.





** Note: This is a general discussion of the subject matter of your question and not legal advice. Local laws or your particular situation may change the general rules. For a specific answer to your question you should consult legal counsel with whom you can discuss all the facts of your case. Answering this question does not indicate an attorney-client relationship. **What kind of trouble in texas can I be in if I tell the DA i gave a false statement?
Filing a report that someone is putting kids in danger when they weren't is a sh**ty thing to do to another person, I'd think hard about setting the record straight. That kind of thing can dog him forever. If you can prove you were under duress, you'd be protected. If you filed a false report, they won't lock you away or anything.
you can be charged with obstruction of justice... a felony charge I might add.

No comments:

Post a Comment